The video controller connects two external video signal sources (1920х1080 Full HD) via the DisplayPort interface to the industrial display.
The device allows to monitor the technical condition of the display, control its operation modes using touch buttons and pop-up menu or remotely via Ethernet (web-interface and SNMP Protocol).
The device comes with a WEB interface that:
- enables real-time controlling of the main display parameters, such as brightness, contrast, color temperature, and more,
- has a remote update ability,
- supports factory reset,
- has three groups of users with different access and control rights,
- has protection against invalid data entry,
- allows to switch the signal source,
- has the ability to upload the log,
- supports SNMP protocol control and monitoring of version 1, 2 and 3, including traps sending by event or interval,
- synchronously displays the SNMP or touch buttons-side settings change
In addition to the WEB interface, the system comes with a powerful backend, which:
- is responsible for supporting Ethernet network, including routing configuration
- is responsible for configuring the firewall,
- records the log
- implements the basic logic of interaction of touch buttons, onscreen menus and sending/receiving SNMP packets.
- implements a web server,
- supports factory reset by clicking a button,
- saves all changes and configuration in automatic mode with double redundancy, with protection against data loss during power outages,
- has a solution for automated firmware of serial numbers and MAC addresses during production, in a separate memory area
Part of the backend was implemented jointly with Adakta LLC.
In addition, a distribution kit has been created using the 11-parts project builder for NAND drives with ubifs partitions. The 11-parts project builder enabled the creation of an image that is compatible with the upgrade system and has increased reliability due to its architecture.
The distribution kit is based on the yocto assembly.
- Main CPU: NXP iMX6ull;
- DDR3: 512 MByte;
- NAND: 512 MByte;
- SPI NOR flash 1 MByte (for storing the bootloader);
- Video CPU: Realtek RTD2662;
- SPI NOR flash 1 MByte (for storing the RTD2662 firmware);
- SD card: included (microSD, upgrade/memory, optional);
- 2x DisplayPort Input (active port is selected through the menu, Web interface or SNMP);
- 1x LVDS output (dual-channel);
- 1 x BACKLIGHT (power and control of the matrix backlight);
- 1 x FUSE (external fuse connection);
- 1 x Ethernet (10/100Mbit);
- 1 x USB OTG (miniUSB, optional);
- 1 x Keys (connecting of external touch buttons with indication);
- Power supply: 24 V;
- Web interface: included (configuration and management, information: lifelength, chip/board temperature, etc.);
- Download/work indication: included;
- Brightness/contrast settings, etc.: included (via menu, Web interface or SNMP);
- Mounting: in the case;
- Overall board dimensions: 174 x 120 mm.